- Salary: $108,492.80 – $131,144.00 Annually USD
Overview whom might APPLY: This place is available to all qualified prospects. Wastewater, Teamsters neighborhood 117 internal prospects will get consideration that is first. $1.00 per hour through the base wage shall be redirected towards the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund.
NEEDED MATERIALS: King county application, resume cover letter and resume
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS: Standard hours that are working 40 hours each week. Candidates needs to be offered to work any assigned routine. This place is exempt through the conditions of this Fair work guidelines Act and it is perhaps perhaps perhaps not overtime-eligible.
JOB EXPLANATION: The obligations of the category include supervising workers whom monitor, operate and continue maintaining a wastewater therapy center, conveyance and collection system. Incumbents guarantee compliance with appropriate neighborhood, Washington State and federal atmosphere, wastewater and security laws and needs and are also in charge of planning long- and short-term workload, cost management, workers training and gratification administration. Job Duties
- Supervise and direct the task of lead, skilled trades, semi-skilled trades for Day Operations group. Supervisory obligations consist of employing, review and evaluate worker task performance and supply constructive feedback; offer mentoring; recommend and/or initiate disciplinary action Arrange, schedule, coordinate, monitor and review the daily work of a team therefore the planning that is long-range scheduling of a team. Ensure prompt conclusion and quality of work by the team. Be involved in long-range facilities planning.
- Requisition materials and equipment, keep stock, make sure requisition procedures are followed and work out budget choices.
- Review plans, designs or procedures for the assigned section of major construction jobs with contractors, design designers, vendors and agency’s construction administration unit. Organize, coordinate and provide expertise that is technical long-range special jobs; offer way to senior staff on unique jobs.
- Assist staff that is senior scheduling and prioritizing work sales along with other divisions, divisions and agencies.
- Arrange, schedule and offer training to others and protect training records on workers. Review laboratory data and suggest and/or make procedure control choices.
- Coordinate unit, division along with other agencies’ reactions to uncommon occurrences and emergencies; just simply simply take action that is corrective appropriate. Could be accountable for news contact. Ensure adherence to all or any policies, criteria and procedures.
- Work, monitor and control equipment and systems utilizing complex pcs. Be involved in work negotiations and grievance hearings.
- Prepare technical reports of plant operations for submittal to administration and state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Assume functional obligations in the lack of the Plant Manager for rotating changes along with other operations.
- Perform the duties associated with other classifications inside the Wastewater Treatment Operations show as required.
- Be accessible to exert effort all change schedules, including rotating changes; can be necessary to be on standby and/or status that is call-out susceptible to after-hours call-in for uncommon occurrences and emergencies.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Techniques
- Advanced understanding of task administration methods and concepts
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function and major components for plant-wide fuel, chlorination, heating, ventilating and atmosphere training, smell control, electrical, water, atmosphere and systems that are hydraulic
- Advanced understanding of the description, function, major elements, causes for alarms and monitoring that is handy remote control system when it comes to gear and systems within the initial, primary and additional, solids managing, smell control and/or the collection and conveyance systems
- Advanced familiarity with expertise in the description and purpose of computerized remote and supervisory control systems utilized to manage, run and monitor an important wastewater treatment system
- Advanced understanding of experience in operating, monitoring, keeping and training in the gear and systems when you look at the treatment that is preliminary, main therapy area, additional area, solids managing area plus in the collection and conveyance system and systems for plant-wide fuel, chlorination, heating, ventilating and air cooling, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced Knowledge in interpreting and using information that is technical plant drawings, technical datasheets, operations and upkeep manuals and laboratory test outcomes
- Advanced Knowledge in keeping and developing a working that is effective with all the public, vendors, contractors, regulatory agencies, downline along with other workgroups.
- Advanced understanding of advanced level troubleshooting abilities for complex wastewater therapy systems and processes and odor that is complex systems also to manage unusual occurrences and emergencies
- Some knowledge when you look at the application of participative workplace company concepts, such as the company preparation procedure, the establishment of requirements and feedback, communication, listening and feedback, conflict resolution, effective group meetings, problem-solving, choice creating and facilitation.
- Some understanding of buying policies and procedures
- Experience in facilitating long- and short-term workload preparation, budgeting, training and gratification administration
- Experience in managing written and/or computerized information systems logs that are including reports, lab and process information, difficulty reports and work demands.
- Experience when you look at the application of security policies, procedures and techniques for restricted space entry, fall protection, risk interaction, recognition and control, dangerous power control, crisis reaction and evacuation, accident prevention, hearing preservation, preventing straight straight back accidents, breathing security, fire security, division facilities and operations, forklift training, overhead cranes, plant-specific security information along with other safety information that https://datingperfect.net/dating-sites/mature-dating-reviews-comparison/ is department-wide
- Experience in advanced level training to generally meet or surpass King County, state and federal laws
- Supervisory skills to lead, coach and teach; offer direction, prepare and conduct performance evaluations and just just take disciplinary actions Communication abilities (oral and written)
- Assessment and skills that are decision-making
Supplemental Ideas LICENSING/CERTIFICATION:
- Washington State License
- Washington State Group III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Certification
- Washington State Group IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Certification
- CPR and aid certification that is first
SELECTION PROCESS: A competitive process is should be utilized for this selection procedure. Article on interior prospects includes reviews of performance appraisals, workers files, interior guide, Benefit Time / Vacation usage logs, etc., before any offer that is final. External prospects will need associates for recommendations.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: Teamster Wastewater Local 117 represents this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Performing at Wastewater Treatment facilities
For lots more details about this recruitment, please contact: Rijul BhaskarSenior Human site Analystrbhaskar@kingcounty.gov
Closing Date/Time: 6/4/2020 11:59 PM Pacific